The BAcC aims to publish within seven days of a decision the names of those members in respect of whom it has investigated allegations and found the allegations to be well founded. It will also publish alongside the finding the section of either the Code of Professional Conduct or Code of Safe Practice of which they were found to be in breach, and the steps (if any) taken by the Committee in respect of the member so named.
Orders imposed by the Committee have been made to:
- Fulfil the BAcC's role to protect members of the public
- Maintain public confidence in the profession of acupuncture
- Uphold the standards and conduct expected of Members
What the orders mean
- Fine - the member concerned has been fined a sum of money where there has been a lapse in standards on the part of the member concerned.
- Admonishment - the member's conduct or behaviour has fallen below the standard expected of a BAcC member but there has been no need to take action to remove or restrict his/her right to practise.
- Conditions of Practice - conditions have been imposed on the member's practice to enable him/her to take steps to remedy any deficiencies in their practice. Restrictions may be placed on the types of work that they may undertake. Conditions of practice judgements are sometimes imposed where there is evidence of incompetence or significant shortcomings in a member's practice, but where the Committee is satisfied that there is potential for the member to respond positively to re-training and supervision.
- Suspension - the Committee has ordered that that the member may not practise as a member of the BAcC for a for a specified period of time. During the time that that the member is suspended he/she forgoes all rights and privileges of BAcC membership.
- Termination - this is the most severe sanction. The individual is no longer a member of the BAcC.
This section contains details of acupuncturists whose registration has been suspended pending the investigation or the final determination of a complaint. Any practitioner who is subject to a Suspension Order cannot call themselves a BAcC member during the period of suspension.
|Acupuncturists Name||Registration Number||Term of Suspension|
Professional Conduct Committee decisions
This section contains details of acupuncturists who have recently been the subject of a decision by the Professional Conduct Committee and the sanction imposed. The committee has the power to deliver a fine, an admonishment, impose conditions of practice, suspend the acupuncturist's registration for a set period, or permanently remove the acupuncturist's name from the Register.
|Acupuncturists Name||Registration Number||Order/s|