Continuing professional development (CPD) is mandatory for all members of the British Acupuncture Council
We define CPD as learning that supports the development and work of our members throughout their professional career as acupuncturists. We regard CPD as essential for the maintenance and enhancement of the knowledge, skills and attributes needed for effective professional practice. In order to fulfil the requirements for CPD, we ask that members:
- Undertake a minimum of 30 hours of CPD activity per year.
- Complete an annual declaration of your CPD activity either on-line or on paper.
- Reflect on the impact that engagement in CPD has made to their practice and the therapeutic relationship with their patients.
- Maintain an ongoing record of CPD.
- Participate in the BAcC's audit of CPD when requested.
You can download a copy of the 2013 CPD policy from this page.