Traditional acupuncture is growing in popularity as more and more people experience its health benefits for themselves.
The BAcC is keen to bridge the gap between traditional acupuncturists and the western medical community. We believe that combining our strengths can benefit patients as well as reducing costs for the NHS. Systems of integrated medicine are well-established in China, the USA and many other countries.
In the UK some BAcC members already work within the NHS and integrated clinics. More and more studies demonstrate that traditional acupuncture is especially effective when used to complement various aspects of western healthcare.
We can help you make informed decisions about integrating acupuncture into your treatment plans by providing you with:
- the latest evidence-based clinical research into the efficacy of traditional acupuncture and the social and economic cost benefits of using acupuncture to treat particular conditions
- accurate information about traditional acupuncture for you and your patients
- a guarantee that all BAcC members have degree level training and expert practice skills maintained by mandatory continuing professional development
- an assurance of best practice as laid down in our Code of Safe Practice and Code of Professional Conduct
- details of BAcC registered acupuncturists in your area
If you want to know more about working with traditional acupuncturists and the BAcC please contact Paul Hitchcock